Thanksgiving is coming up, but this beautiful stuffed chicken can be cooked year round. It's easy to make and packed with so many wonderful flavors, you'll be making this chicken once a week. Chicken is a great source of lean protein which helps build your energy and heal your body, great for your Root Chakra. Read down below to see how to make the perfect stuffed chicken...
ingredients for marinating chicken:
- 1 whole chicken
- vinegar (I like apple cider vinegar)
- dijon mustard (rub it on chicken)
- salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, rosemary stems, bay leaves, dill weed
- Put whole chicken in big bowl
- Add all ingredients together
- Rotate chicken around in juices
- Let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours
ingredients for stuffing chicken:
- 2 celery sticks, chop it up
- 2 whole carrots, chop it up
- 3 pearl onions, chop in halves
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 medium apple, chop It up
- toothpicks to close chicken hole
- dashes of salt, pepper, dill weed, cayenne pepper, ground sage, thyme, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven on 400
- Once all your stuffing ingredients are chopped up, sit your chicken up on the pan and get it ready to be stuffed.
- It doesn't matter the order you stuff it, I just did half the celery, carrots, onions, apples, and pomegranates, and then repeated the other half in the same order until chicken was completely filled up.
- Take toothpicks and slide them through chicken skin to close the stuffed chicken hole, this helps keep all the stuffing inside while it cooks.
- Now season the chicken by evenly distributing salt, pepper, dill weed, and garlic powder. Use cayenne pepper, ground sage, and thyme lightly.
- Place stuffed chicken in oven and put timer on 30 minutes, check chicken and then continue cooking for another 30 mins. Make sure chicken is completely cooked, if your not sure cut open to see...
- BAM! the perfect, crispy, stuffed chicken ENJOY!
Watch how to make the perfect stuffed chicken...