Root Chakra Yoga Poses
Sukhasana / Easy Pose Benefits:
- Straightens your spine. This will bring you better posture and core strength while relaxing your back muscles.
- Relaxes and eases your mind. This is the mandatory meditation position that will bring you quiet, calmness, and peace.
- Opens your knees and hips. This position lets the tense energy flow out of your hips and knees while your knees relaxes to the ground and your hip muscles relax.
- Opens your ankles. This position slowly lets your ankles expand by being tucked above the fold of your knees, twisting and stretching both sides if you make sure to switch.
- Releases the tension throughout all of your chakras, down your spine that causes stress and anxiety. Keep your back straight and tighten your core.
Tadasana / Mountain Pose Benefits:
- Improves full body posture. This position lengthens your spine, legs, arms, and neck.
- Improves full body balance. Using your feet to lightly hold yourself straight up brings you core strength and foot balance.
- Grounds you mentally and physically. This position lets your feet feel the connection through the ground, up your legs, through your spine, all the way out of your crown.
- Your knees, ankles, and pelvic area gain strength. By standing up straight using your full leg strength, releasing tension in the legs.
- Your back and abdomen gain strength. Keeping your back straight takes your core strength and will release your back muscles. Breathe in, tighten core, breathe out, release tension in back muscles.
Malasana / Garland Pose Benefits:
- Improves your posture. During this position, keep your back straight and let the tension release down your spine.
- Gives your ankles and knees flexibility. This position opens up your ankles and knees when your are squatting outward, holding up your body weight.
- Releases what does not serve your body. This position helps your digestive system by releasing toxins and waste out of your system.
- Releases negative energy throughout your whole body. Close your eyes in this low squatting position and keep breathing deep, releasing all negative energy out of your root chakra.
- Strengthens your whole body. In this position you are using every body part equally, bringing you balance and awareness of your full body.