curly weave with braids
What do you need to get started?
- A big comb or paddle brush.
- 4 ponytail holders.
- Rubber bands
- Needle and thread for hair
- Curly weave with tracks
- Edge glue and edge brush
- Head wrap
- Find a hair definer such as gel or mousse. (I love using ampro pro styl styling gel. It works well with my thick, dark hair) Find a gel that tightens your style but still leaves hair feeling light and bouncy.
- Always lightly oil scalp before applying gel. This will keep your hair soft and protected before using any unnatural substances on hair. (I love using my homemade Aloe vera hair conditioner. It's made with real Aloe Vera and coconut oil and leaves my hair feeling moisturized and oiled at the same time.)
- Massage the conditioner or oil on your scalp to improve blood circulation which helps hair growth.
- Use a moisturizer on ends of hair making sure ends are soft and easy to curl with finger. (The great thing about my Aloe Vera hair conditioner is that it is an all in one hair care, great for the ends and roots of your hair, making hair strong, silky and smooth.)
How do you start this style?
- I parted my hair half way and gave myself half braids I did a little criss cross on the sides
- Then I used black rubber bands to rubber bands two braids together, giving my hair more volume.
- I put the ends of the half braids away and I get ready to braid the back portion of my hair into straight back cornrows for a sew in.
- Once the back portion of my hair is braiding, I take the ends of those braids and make two big braids so it is easier to sew up.
- Now I take my needle and thread, I make sure the thread is double knotted at the end, that is how you keep the thread in place, and I sew those two braids into the cornrows making sure the ends of the braids are hidden.
- I take the same needle and thread into tracks of the curly weave, connecting it to the braids on my scalp. I go in and out, in and out until I reach the top of my cornrows.
- Now that I have a full head of curly weave, I am going to twist the ends of my half braids which is my real hair so it blends with the curly weave.
- I did some dramatic baby hairs and wrapped my braids up before I went to bed.
how do you finish this style?
- Time to wake up and check this hair out!
- I did condition my curly weave to make it bouncy and soft before taking my hair wrap off, making sure I don't get my twists wet.
- Take wrap off and see your baby hair results, I did touch up the sides because the wrap didn't cover them well enough.
- Now slowly untangle your twist, start in the middle of the twist and gently pull, the twist should come apart easily and bouncy.
- Take a pic and puff up that curly weave, blend your twist with the curly weave by separating twists and curls with your fingers gently.
- I always use bobby-pins to keep my hair in the exact style I want it.
- Wallah you got a funky new look that gives you a vibe and glow.
Watch Quick Video Now!