Chocolate cantaloupe snack bites
Cantaloupes have so many nutritional benefits. Of course berries go great with dark chocolate, but they still are high in sugar and you have to put a limit on how many you eat. With cantaloupes, there isn't much limit. They are very filling and they help you feel fuller with less than 10 calories per bite. They are perfect to snack on without feeling guilty and they still give you a boost of sweetness and energy. Add some sweet dark chocolate and you got the perfect chocolate snack that's super easy to make and enjoy. I also like to add nuts which gives me an extra boost of protein and flavor in this snack. You can add any nuts that you favor. Chocolate fruit and nuts go hand in hand so it's a delightful combination. Rather you are in a hurry or hanging out with company, these chocolate cantaloupe snack bites are the perfect fit. Scroll down below and see how I made this easy, healthy, snack...
- Half a cantaloupe
- Dark Chocolate (I used 1 whole packet 85% cocoa Lindt Chocolate)
- Splenda (I used 3-4 packets)
- Parchment or Wax paper
- Nuts (optional)
How to prepare:
- Cut cantaloupe in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds nice and easy.
- Then use a knife and cut around the cantaloupe, getting rid of the skin.
- Chop the cantaloupe into rectangular or square pieces.
- Now take the dark chocolate and microwave on 1 minute, stir it up and if not completely melted, microwave on 30 seconds. (Make sure you don't burn the chocolate)
- Then add the Splenda (3-4 packets) into the warm chocolate and gently stir that in.
- Take a piece of the cut cantaloupe and dip it into the warm chocolate.
- Place on the parchment or wax paper, (I like the wax paper, seems smoother)
- Repeat to as many pieces as you please, placing them on the paper, make sure there is space between each piece.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Take out of the fridge and add any kind of nuts you like, or no nuts at all, ENJOY!
Watch video NOW.