Braided goddess swoops
I love using braids to keep my hair in a protective style. I feel like a beautiful queen when my hair is braided. Braids really frame the face, highlighting the beautiful features of our faces. Braiding hair is an art and does take practice and patience. With this style, I feel like a complete goddess. I swopped the braids behind my ears and added gold accessories and the look came to life! Scroll down and check out how I achieved this quick and easy braid up look to get the ultimate vibe and glow...
What do you need to get started?
- A small comb that can part hair well
- A brush that can detangle hair well
- An edge brush and edge cream or gel
- A few pony tail holders
- A few bobby-pins
- Use a gel to help keep the braids smooth (I love using ampro pro styl styling gel. It works well with my thick, dark hair) Find a gel that tightens your styles but still leaves your hair feeling light and bouncy.
- Always lightly oil scalp before applying gel. This will keep your hair soft and protected before using any unnatural substances on hair. (I used my homemade aloe vera and coconut oil leave in conditioner)
- Massage leave in conditioner or oil on your scalp to improve blood circulation which helps hair growth. (Find a leave in conditioner at your local beauty store or use the homemade aloe vera leave in conditioner)
- Use a moisturizer on ends of hair, making sure ends are soft and easy to blend with weave (The great thing about my homemade leave in conditioner is it moisturizes my hair from the scalp to the ends)
braiding your hair into this style